FACING & OVERCOMING THE COVID-19 CHALLENGE
It has been a challenging journey over the last 3 months to mount an effective humanitarian response and continue programmes in the midst of a nationwide lockdown and in the face of the continued risk of infection. KHUSHII is adopting a two-pronged approach –
1.In collaboration with the state governments and local communities, KHUSHII is providing immediate help in the form of vital information, safety-equipment and food.
- Safety Equipment: such as PPE kits and other protective gear to healthcare workers
- Information & Advice: through structured interactions with Anganwadi workers and through direct messages, phone calls and social media campaigns, to empower communities with knowledge to help keep them safe and contain COVID-19
- Ration Donations: to the most needy families
2.Continue to run programmes within the safety parameters prescribed by the government:
- Education: Addressing the challenge of keeping children learning at home through online and telephone outreach by KHUSHII teachers. They plan a routine together with the children, have open conversations and conduct online activities for them. Alongside, they engage with the parents to share tips for supporting home schooling.
- Mental Health: Reaching out to students and families to extend emotional support through our qualified counsellors. KHUSHII’s aim is to support children facing the new realities of temporary unemployment for their parents, home-schooling and lack of physical contact with other family members, friends and colleagues.
- Community Development: Through Shiksha Aur Vikas programme, KHUSHII is continuing to train women and youth under various skill development initiatives to prepare them to enter the workforce.
Education – catalysing change for a ‘new normal’
To quickly restore educational access to as many students as possible and provide engagement for undisrupted learning.
Mediums Currently Being Used:
Virtual mediums: internet, text & WhatsApp messages